Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What? Changes?



I made it back in town safely on Sunday night. I had a blast on my trip and took a lot of photos.

But first thing's first. I've moved my gallery from Flickr to Picasa. This way, I'll stay entirely on Google's network. I've already made the necessary edits to my previous blog entries.

Second off- I'll never be content with my galleries. Just because it's posted, doesn't mean that that's all the photos I took. I took over 250 photos on my way home. I may update and add more eventually. I'll be sure to post here when I do, however.

Stories about my trip back? Let's see. I set out from Luling, Texas about 2 hours later than I intended, but that's okay. I travelled on, and made a random stop in Lockhart. I intended to continue on through until I saw the most awesome building off to the side.

And thus, I found the first location of my trip.

After being content with my photos, and my giddiness over this town making me think of Hill Valley, I hopped back into my car and continued on.

After getting donuts in Round Rock, I ended up in Georgetown to see several locations. I intended to see a Catholic church that was in the town, but was unsuccessful in trying to locate it.

Nevertheless, I spent time on the Southwestern campus, at FUMC Georgetown, and St. John's Methodist Church. Then I went on my way again.

I was dead set on seeing Theon, I'm sure you could imagine my surprise when I realized I passed it. I almost passed it again after I turned around, also.

And I couldn't find the remnants of Corn Hill, but I did locate the Holy Trinity Catholic Church and Cemetery in New Corn Hill. That was something I couldn't miss. You could see the church when you were leaving Walburg. Speaking of Walburg, I forgot to mention the St. Peter Lutheran Church there.

My timing was so poor, though. I got to talk to some of the congregation there, and they were having the interior repainted, so it was closed off to everyone. They assured me that the church was /gorgeous/ on the inside, and told me that I'd have to come again the next time I'm in the area.

And I certainly will.

My trip towards Dallas continued on 1105, to which I nearly got lost and out of gas. But my friend Katie was a lot of help in playing navigator from almost 200 miles away. Cell phones are lovely.

Once I made it back to I-35, I came to realize that I didn't have the time to make it to my next destinations. Sadly, I chose to bypass them and Temple and drive straight back into Dallas.

...to which my friend John and I played with the slow exposure settings on our cameras, taking pictures with 8-30 second shutter times.

I was so exhausted, and I think I'm still recovering. But it was so worth it. :D

No comments: