Saturday, October 13, 2007

Introductions


--taken in Downtown Dallas with the vx8100.


Wow. Where to start on this?

I've been around on the 'net for awhile, so... this isn't the first time, nor the first blog, I've ever run. However, I'm separating this blog away from my usual 'online persona.' I'd rather this be something anyone can enjoy.

I'm an amateur photographer, however. Or a camera lover. Or collector. Or something.

I have two film SLR cameras, both are mostly 'pretty old,' and my first D-SLR is going to be obtained next weekend. I'm so excited. I also possess a Cybershot, and my camera phone.

I've chosen the name 'Kaycee' because my parents were going to call me that growing up, since my initials are "K C." It amuses me to no end that the name is tucked away like that.

I don't think you'll ever see me here. I'm a photographer. My place is, more often than not, behind the camera. ...though I don't mind my share of photos and photoshoots, but this isn't the place for them.

Anyhow, I want to introduce the real stars of this show. My cameras~ All but my cell phone camera will soon have names. I'll announce them here when it happens. :D

Camera #1 - My old baby I love to no end is my Sony Cybershot DSC-P92. 5.0 megapixel, big bulky, old, and takes great photos. It's just a point and click camera, but I've grown to being able to manipulate it in a way to come up with excellent results.

Camera #2 - I have an LG VX8100 cell phone with a 1.3 megapixel camera on it. It doesn't do the best quality, but this does some great shots for when I'm on the go.

Camera #3 - I came upon an old Minolta XG-1 with two lenses and a flash. I still need to get the hang of it, as it's a bit clunky and difficult to work with (I'm used to Nikons, actually- that's what I used through high school). But I should get some film into it someday and do more photography with it.

Camera #4 - Another Minolta! This one is a Maxxum 7000. This camera works like a dream, both with automatic and manual features. I tend to use this one more of the two SLRs.

Camera #5 (Coming Soon!) - I've decided upon a Sony a100 because my Maxxum's lenses will go over to it. I have both a macro and telephoto lens that I love to death and am not willing to part with so easily. We'll see how it turns out, eventually.

I may have some photos actually posted later tonight.

3 comments:

My Pictures said...

wuz here................wanna see more photos! MAMA T

My Pictures said...

you on Pacific time?

A Very Bored Tech said...

DD:

Hahaha. Guess I am. Fixed, however. Thanks for the good eyes~